Are you interested in retiring somewhere that has a low cost of living, a pleasant climate, and a diverse cultural scene? Look no further than Malaysia, which, via its Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) program, provides all of these incentives and more to those who participate. In this comprehensive guide, we will cover all you need to know about the MM2H program, including the conditions for eligibility, the benefits, the application procedure, and the commonly asked questions.
What is Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Programme?
Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Programme is essentially a one-of-a-kind program that is provided by the Government of Malaysia for international residents and expatriates all over the globe who desire to apply for a long-term permit in Malaysia that is valid for 5 years and may be renewed. No matter their ethnicity, or gender, inhabitants of any nation are welcome to participate in the program.
In addition, even though the MM2H is a fantastic program, it should not be confused with a Permanent Resident visa, nor can it be expected to result in permanent residency. A Social Visitor with an MM2H visa may enter and leave the country an unlimited number of times. Under the terms of this program, you and your family will be able to relocate to Malaysia provided that you can demonstrate that you have the necessary documentation and are in good financial condition.
The program is usually ideal for retirees but there are feasible conditions to be met by 35-49 applicants or dependents. Let’s look at it in detail.
Malaysia The My Second House (MM2H) Programme has been relaunched, and several changes have been made to the policy, including the following:
|Age||Monthly Income||Liquid Assets Needed for Application||Fixed Deposit|
- The minimum amount of monthly income necessary to qualify has been increased from RM10,000 to RM40,000.
- To be eligible for the MM2H Program, the main applicant has to demonstrate that he or she possesses liquid assets with a minimum value of RM1,500,000.
- The minimum amount of the fixed deposit that is required has been raised to RM1,000,000.
- Applicants between the ages of 35 and 49 who have dependents are required to make an extra deposit into the fixed account in the amount of RM50,000 for each dependant.
- The bearer of an MM2H’s Permit and/or their respective spouses are required to maintain a residence in Malaysia for a minimum of ninety days (cumulatively) every year.
- The age requirement for the primary applicant has been raised from 21 to 35 years of age.
- The fee(s) charged by the government is also being altered. The old price for an annual pass was RM90, but the new fee will be RM500. In addition, the immigration department will levy a processing fee of RM5,000 for the primary applicant and RM2,500 for each dependent applicant, if the application is approved.
- Online submission is required for all new MM2H applications.
Requirements for MM2H Eligibility in Detail:
1. Necessary Fixed Deposit:
The fixed deposit must be raised by RM50,000 for each dependant that is applying with the primary applicant. If you have paid for a home, automobile, medical bills, or education in Malaysia during the last year, you are eligible to withdraw up to RM500,000 from your fixed deposit account once the first year has passed.
Candidates are required to demonstrate that they have a monthly average income that is comparable to RM40,000 per month. In the case of income from a salary or pension, evidence of three months’ worth of earnings is required.
If it is derived through dividends or some other kind of investment, then a longer period is necessary, and it may be averaged out so that the actual monthly income may be determined.
Earnings from renting out space are also permissible, however, they will investigate the length of the lease arrangement. They need physical evidence of deposits made into a bank account, such as pay stubs, lease agreements.
3. Assets in Liquid Form
The government wants to make sure that applicants have assets in liquid form. This must be cash that is already deposited in a bank account or an investment that can quickly be converted into cash. One of the requirements is to demonstrate that one has RM1,500,000 in liquid assets, which, if one is approved, may be utilized to make the fixed deposit.
4. Additional Requirements:
- All candidates are required to pay a fixed deposit in the amount of one million Malaysian ringgit (RM1,000,000). You are required to make an extra fixed deposit of RM50,000 for each dependant you have.
- This must be done at any bank in Malaysia, and the monies will be held in escrow until the Malaysian authorities provide their approval for either the whole or partial withdrawal of the funds.
- The applicant must demonstrate that they are covered by a current and active medical insurance policy.
- As a prerequisite for this position, applicants must demonstrate that they do not have a criminal history.
- In addition to this, applicants need to be able to establish that they have an interest in Malaysia and that they will comply with all immigration restrictions.
Advantages of Participating in the MM2H Program
There are several advantages to participating in the MM2H program, including the following:
- Long-term visa: Applicants who are successful in their application will be awarded a long-term visa that will enable them to remain in Malaysia for up to 10 years.
- Tax exemptions: Participants’ income received outside of Malaysia is not subject to Malaysian income tax.
- Participants have the option of enrolling their children in one of Malaysia’s many prestigious foreign schools.
- Participants can buy and own property in Malaysia, which is part of their participation requirements.
- Regarding medical treatment, Malaysia is known for providing reasonably priced care of a very high standard.
- Malaysia has a rich and varied culture, and its food is renowned for being some of the best in the world.
- The transportation system in Malaysia is well-developed and operates smoothly.
The Process Of Application To the MM2H Program:
Applicants are required to undertake these procedures to be considered for the MM2H program:
- The MM2H Centre will process the application and advise the applicant of their approval status once the application has been submitted.
- After the application has been processed and granted, the applicant will be required to receive their MM2H visa from the Malaysian embassy or consulate in their home country.
- Applicants are asked to bring their completed applications to the MM2H Centre, along with any supporting documentation that may be necessary.
Required documents are:
- Letter of Application
- A Copy of Resume
- MM2H Application Form
- MM2H Application Form for Dependents
- 12 Form (Social Visit Pass)
- Passport size Photo
- Letter of Good Conduct (LOGC)
- Medical Report
- Birth Certificate
- Bank Statement
- Source of Income
- Authorization letter
- Job and salary verification letter
- For Source of Income: Recent 3 payslips for employed.
- Pension slip for retired people.
- Rental Income by the tenancy agreement
- The interest of Dividends from Investment in the recent 6 months.
FAQ on MM2H Program
- If I am accepted into the MM2H program, would I be able to find employment in Malaysia?
The answer is no; participants are not permitted to engage in paid employment in Malaysia.
- Can I go to Malaysia with my family, including my husband and my children?
The answer is yes; participants are permitted to bring their spouses and children who are less than 21 years old with them to the event.
- Can I get a renewal for my MM2H visa?
Participants’ visas may be renewed every ten years if they continue to fulfill the conditions of the program, which is the answer to your question.
- If I am accepted into the MM2H program, would I be able to make purchases of real estate in Malaysia?
Participants are permitted to buy and own property in Malaysia.
- When it comes to the MM2H application, how long does the processing take?
While it varies from case to case, the time it takes to complete an MM2H application is normally between three and six months.
The MM2H program, which is run by the government of Malaysia, provides retirees and other persons who meet the requirements with an outstanding chance to take advantage of all that Malaysia has to offer. Malaysia is an excellent location for those who are looking for a great quality of life since it has a low cost of living, a pleasant climate, a rich culture, and contemporary infrastructure.
Need Help Starting the MM2H application?
Feeling a bit lost after reading all requirement conditions and document lists? Or have some questions regarding your spouse and dependents?
To clear all out, you may get assistance with the MM2H visa from professional MM2H consultancy services. Our MM2H visa consultants have a lot of experience navigating the Malaysian government and the application procedure for visas.
MM2H visa agencies like us are experts who have been authorized to assist international applicants in submitting their MM2H visa applications.
As a reliable partner for the MM2H visa program, we can assist you with gathering the required paperwork, organizing a visa strategy, meeting all of the criteria, and making contact with the appropriate government institutions.