WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU
- Event Company Management, Organiser & Planner in Malaysia
- Video Production And Editing Services
- Public Relations Firm – PR Company & Agency in Malaysia
- Graphic Design & Creative Agency | Branding Services Firm
- Influencer Marketing Agency in Malaysia
- Digital Marketing Agency in Malaysia
- JAKIM HALAL CERTIFICATION & CONSULTANCY IN MALAYSIA
What is Halal Certification and its requirements?
According to JAKIM, Halal Certification is an official form that refers to the Halal standardization of products and/or services in accordance with the Malaysian Halal Certification Scheme issued by the competent authority. In Malaysia, the only Halal certification that can be recognized is the certification issued by JAKIM (Jabatan Kemajuan Islam Malaysia).
The Malaysian Halal Certification Program is divided into seven schemes, and companies or manufacturers can choose the plan they want to use based on the type of product or service they have.
The 7 schemes are as follows:
- Food / Beverage / Food Supplement
- Food Premise / Hotel
- Consumer Goods
- Cosmetics and Personal Care
- Pharmaceutical Industry
The word "Halal" comes from the Arabic language, "halla, yahillu, hillan, waHalalan", which means that Shariah law allows or permits. According to the 2011 and 2012 Trade Description (Halal Definition) Order, the Halal is defined as follows:
- When Muslims can consume or use food or goods:
- It does not contain animal meat that is prohibited by Shariah law from being consumed by Muslims. If animal meat included, it is slaughtered in accordance with Shariah law and Fatwa.
- According to Islamic Shariah and Fatwa do not contain any impure / najs
- Food or goods should not be intoxicated
- Does not contain any part of humans or its yield, which are not allowed by Shariah and Fatwa
- It should not be poisonous or hazardous to health
- According to Islamic Shariah and Fatwa, the goods have not been prepared, processed or manufactured using any equipment contaminated by naj.
- The goods are not in the process of preparation, and the processing or container is in contact with, mixed or close to any food that does not comply with paragraphs (a) and (b).
- When services related to food or goods indicate that Muslims can use these services, this means that it is in accordance with Shariah law.
Malaysian Halal Certification is Mandatory for the applicants or manufacturers that meet JAKIM requirements:
- Register with SSM / Malaysia Cooperative Committee | Other Government Agencies
- Hold a business license from a local authorities/government agency
- Fully operational before applying
- Only produce and / or process Halal products
- Ensure that there is a Halal food supplier certified by and approved Halal certificate.
- Apply for all type of products which are produced in the factory / premise
- Repackage must be accompanied by an approved Halal Certificate for the said products.
- Non-eligible applications include non-Halal products, no standard references/guides, use of similar Halal and non-Halal product brands, have a negative impact on religion and society, do not involve any processed natural products, fertilizers and animal feed, pottery, Paper, a product with the same name as the Halal product, a local and imported finished product that has not been relabeled in Malaysia by any process, a kitchen or food service based on Islamic law to prepare salad food, an early product development stage, a product that may cause aqidah deviation, The hotel prepares a pork menu in the kitchen.
- Products that do not have reference to standards/guidelines can be considered if they meet the following criteria: direct contact with food; uncertain sources of materials used; used as processing aids in food production; certified.
Benefits of Halal Certification in Malaysia:
Having Halal certification in Malaysia is not only beneficial to Muslim consumers, but also beneficial to companies. In addition to complying with Islamic Shariah requirements:
- The company has access to potential business growth through Malaysian Halal certification.
- The Muslim community in Malaysia is growing every year and the market is expanding, creating many opportunities for the company to sell many Halal products or services and grow its business.
- In addition, the company can improve access to global markets and reach out to Muslims living in other countries that need Halal products to meet their needs.
- The Halal logo printed on the product or the service label can convince consumers to purchase the product because they are convinced that they can obtain the safe Halal products required by Shariah.
- It will increase customer satisfaction with your company and services to provide a better image.
- Halal certification in Malaysia also helps you produce high quality products, as Halal requirements also imply that your products should be hygienic, healthy and free of harmful ingredients.
The process of Halal Certification:
To obtain JAKIM's Malaysian Halal certification, follow these simple steps
- First, applicants must submit an online application.
- The application was then accepted by the MYeHALAL system.
- After supporting JAKIM Halal to receive the applicant's documents, they will review the application and review the documents. (If the file sent is incomplete, the applicant should take corrective action to complete the document review process.)
- Then, JAKIM Halal will issue a fee letter, which includes the applicants who need to pay for the Malaysian Halal certification.
- After the applicant has paid, JAKIM Halal will arrange for your company/service to be reviewed.
- During the on-site audit, the auditor will take samples and send them for laboratory analysis to ensure that all ingredients used are based on Halal products. (The auditor will also review the applicant's manufacturing or service processes, and if they are not satisfied with the company/service program, they will provide you with a non-conformance report (NCR) for the applicant to take corrective action.)
- The auditor then re-examines and produces an audit report that also includes laboratory analysis results.
- The report is then forwarded to the Malaysian Halal Certification at the panel meeting, and they will determine whether the applicant has passed the Halal request based on their criteria.
- If the applicant fails to meet the expectations of the panel meeting, JAKIM Halal will issue a notice letter stating that the applicant has not obtained a Halal certificate in Malaysia.
- If the applicant passes the Halal request, the Malaysian Halal Certificate will be issued and the process will be completed. Then, applicants can use the Halal Certified Malaysia logo for free on their products or services.
The JAKIM Halal Certification is valid for 2 years and for the slaughterhouse, it is valid only for 1 year. Upon expiration, the company must renew the certificate. Malaysia JAKIM Halal Certification application renewal process should be submitted at least 3 months before the expiration date, with a complete application form and other relevant documents.
Halal Certification Consultancy in Malaysia:
We are, the Malaysian Halal Certified Consultant can help you and your company print the Malaysian Halal logo on your product or service by obtaining JAKIM Halal Halal Certification. With our expertise, we can ensure that you have all the necessary things to do about the Halal certification process so that your company doesn't waste valuable time and money doing things that don't meet Halal certification requirements.
In general, to meet the needs of all Malaysian Halal certifications, we will help your company complete all of the following steps:
- Create a Halal team
- Define the product, service or the nature of the business
- Develop and verify flow control charts
- Determine Halal risks and control measures
- Determine the allowable limits and prescribed practices for Halal Assurance Points (HAPs)
- Establish a monitoring system for each HAP
- Develop corrective actions for each HAP
- Establish a file and record keeping system
- Verify the Halal system
- Review of the Halal system
We will provide you with consulting services to obtain Malaysian Halal certification from JAKIM. After understanding the company and your products or services, we can design a gap analysis to identify problems within the site.
We will also help you arrange the documentation of the Halal venue and assist in completing the Halal certificate application through the electronic Halal website in accordance with the requirements of the JAKIM Halal.
Before the actual audit, we provide an internal Halal audit to ensure that all Halal requirements are met so that your company's products and/or services can successfully obtain JAKIM Halal's Halal certification in Malaysia.
If your company wants to extend your Halal products to other countries, we can help you with advice on which Halal certification body chooses based on your needs. This is because some countries have their own norms or regulations, and the Halal certification will be recognized by them.
Once you have all the information you need for Halal certification, you must be interested in getting your product Halal certified. Please feel free to ask us about Halal certification, our staff will be happy to help you with more information you need, we look forward to working with your company and getting Halal certification to help you expand your market.
Ask for a pricing
Morbi tellus purus, tempor quis molestie sed, venenatis ut nulla. Mauris ac eros sit amet ex euismod sodales non non purus. Praesent mattis, sapien eget nullam.