Starting a Dry Snacks Business: What You Need to Know About Packaging

With routines that are quite complicated and strenuous, today’s consumers have gradually forgotten the “three meals in one day” model. They are looking for snack alternatives and takeout offerings that allow them to balance convenience and health amid their busy schedules.

For that reason, if you are thinking of starting a dry snacks business, one of the most important factors to consider is the packaging.

Studies have shown that more than 50 percent of consumer purchases are driven by their emotions, and guess what? The packaging of a product is in charge of reaching people on an emotional level.

Therefore, good packaging can increase the chances of making a sale.

More chances of success.

About 95 percent of new products have been shown to fail each year. This leaves us a percentage of only 5% of successful products.

That happens because, as experts explain, a product takes around 7 seconds to positively impress a consumer and motivate them to make a purchase.

If you are starting a business on dry snacks or any other niche, then you have to pay close attention to your packaging.

Importance of packaging for dry snacks.

As with other types of food products, snack manufacturers must care for certain details to properly preserve the product and maintain its quality.

In the case of dry snacks, regardless of the type of food that a brand sells, preserving its flavor and texture begins with the packaging.

One of the first steps you must follow if you are starting a dry food business is to define what type of packaging is the best for your product.

Your brand must be dynamic and, besides that, it is essential that the packaging can keep the snack’s freshness.

One of the most used options is flexible packaging since they can be much more effective in meeting this objective than rigid ones.

Look for a packaging provider that can provide dry snack bags made with advanced technologies that allow you to create unique designs, have creative packaging, and maintain your product’s properties.

Packaging options for dry snacks.

Some of the packaging options for dry snacks that you can consider if you are starting your business are the following:

  • Stand-up pouches: they are versatile as they allow consumers to get the product and close the package more easily. They are perfect for keeping food fresh.
  • Lay-flat pouches: Also known as pillow pouches, they are great for dry food like soup mixes or powders for quick snacks.
  • 3-Side Seal pouches: They are also a versatile and high-quality option for dry snacks, given their practicality and ability to maintain freshness.
  • Flat-bottom bags: these are box-shaped bags that provide a sturdy structure that can work well with a wide variety of dry ingredients.

Final thoughts.

Choosing the right packaging for your products if you are starting a dry snacks business is essential if you want your project to grow and be successful. Remember that the packaging is the cover letter of your brand. Make it stand out!