Inbound and Outbound Marketing
The word “marketing” is used in the business world. No brand and or product would attain its goal of reaching the desired consumer without a proper marketing strategy.
Marketing is whatever a company, producer, or brand does to promote or create an awareness of a product or service they offer to the desired target consumer. Marketing is a tool used to generate sales for any good or service.
There are different ways by which marketing for any product or service is carried out, and these include Inbound and Outbound Marketing. A look at these two concepts below will give you an understanding of them.
1. Inbound Marketing
Inbound Marketing is a marketing strategy or methodology that attracts customers by creating valuable and appealing content for the customers. It is tailored to attract prospects and new customers through strategically designed content and sometimes experiences highlighting the customers’ needs and buying journey uniquely.
Mainly, inbound marketing is designed to connect and pull people into your business or brand who are already searching for answers and solutions to problems online, which you proffer.
Inbound Marketing thrives on excellent content that can attract and capture these prospects who are already interested in the kinds of product or service you offer but only looking for the best offer to provide exactly what they are looking for.
Inbound marketing utilizes forms ‘pull marketing’ strategies such as;
- content marketing,
- search engine optimization (SEO),
- social media,
- and many more to create awareness of the brand and attract new business.
2. Outbound Marketing;
Traditional advertising forms include television commercials, print advertisements (flyers, catalogs, newspaper and magazine advertisements, e.t.c.), radio advertisements, email spams, etc. These are examples of outbound marketing. In this form of marketing, the brand or company sends out its message to an audience in a method called the ‘spray and pray’ to create awareness by disrupting a person’s activities to get his attention and hope to find a customer. Although, most of these messages are easily ignored by people who see no interest in the product or brand.
Outbound marketing is the direct opposite of inbound marketing, and it is less effective than inbound marketing. However, big organizations and corporations still chunk out a vast percentage of their marketing funds on outbound marketing.
Difference between Inbound and Outbound marketing
- Inbound marketing works to pull in interested people, while outbound marketing pushes itself on everyone not minding their interests.
- Inbound marketing draws in customers and potential customers, while outbound marketing seeks out customers.
- Inbound marketing targets consumer’s needs in its writing, while outbound marketing targets a product’s needs in its writing.
- Inbound marketing uses blogs, social media, eventse.t.c.to attract target customers, while outbound marketing utilizes TV, radio, newspapers e.t.c. to find its target customers.
- Lastly, Inbound marketing guarantees effectiveness, while outbound marketing is less effective.
Asia is the biggest market for influencers, with over 2 billion internet audiences to utilize. Knowing whether to use an inbound or outbound marketing strategy requires professional assessment. But once this is gotten right, the opportunities are endless.