The Rise of Digital PR; The Future of Marketing
Digital PR is a marketing strategy that works with the online presence to create awareness for a business or brand. It involves networking with bloggers, journalists, pressmen, and social media influencers to draw the public’s attention towards drawing in the right target audience for a particular business or brand. It is mostly achieved by using the right SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), quality backlinks, and credible mentions on social media platforms by influencers.
The world is currently evolving and delivering more towards digital presence. This is because the traditional approaches such as newspaper prints, magazines, radio, and TV stations are gradually giving way for online media networks such as social media, blogs, podcasts, etc. In other words, the traditional PR is slowly giving way for digital PR to dominate the present PR industry.
Though traditional PR is still very much in use, the rise of digital PR has made public relations a whole lot easier in that digital PR allows businesses and brands to target their right audiences. It also reaches a whole lot of people quickly and faster.
Digital PR is currently taking the lead and might as well be regarded as the future of marketing due to its strengths in the following areas;
- It helps to build the right public image: because digital PR permits feedback and reviews from users/consumers, people can trust your brand or business. And this inadvertently helps to build the right public image.
- The benefit of using SEO and their corresponding rankings: when businesses use the right keywords in their web contents, they can drive in the right traffic and get appropriate rankings from Google that puts them on edge.
- It helps to generate leads: when digital PR is carried out properly, it puts your business product or brand in front of your desired audience. When such an audience clicks on the links to your website, it helps to generate leads for your brand.
- It helps increase product sales: the main goal for using public relations is to create a medium through which sales can be made. Hence, if digital PR is carried out the right way, using appropriate strategies and involving the right parties helps increase product sales through massive web traffic.
- It helps to create room for global brand awareness: in this present time, to be Digital is to be global. And of fact, digital social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., always one to reach a global audience from any part of the world. The reach of these social media platforms is very broad that one can quickly and more conveniently connect with almost everyone from any part of the world.
- Digital PR is quite affordable and flexible: in comparison to the traditional approach, digital PR is flexible. It allows anyone to operate and reach a larger audience, even from the comfort of their own homes. Digital PR is also more accessible for both users and businesses to interact and communicate effectively and affordably.
Conclusively, digital PR might as well be regarded as the future of marketing due to its capabilities in reaching a wider and broader audience. And ultimately, the right targeted audience for a business product, brand, or services.